Valve clearance adjustment 2 cylinder
Check and adjust the valve clearances each 7.500 km
(4,500 mile) when the engine is cold. Clearance cap
must be adjusted to 0,20 mm (.008 inch) inlet valves
and the exhaust valves.
Disconnect the battery for safety reason.
Remove the funnel and the breather tube.
Lift away the air cleaner of the carburetter.
Put a cover over the carburetter.
Unscrew the cylinder head cover retaining nuts (M7) and lift away the cover.
Remove the 2 spark plugs.
Remove the Dynastarter cover and the rubber inspection cover.
- New rocker cover gasket (cork)
- Sealing compound Elring Dirko HT
- Sealing rings (O-ring 15 x 21 mm) cylinder head bolts
- Rubber ring for M7 (2x) 6,8 x 14 mm thick 3,2 mm
Check the present valve clearances.
Check the surface of the camshaft and rockers.
Slacken the valve adjuster locknuts and using a large screwdriver and feeler gauge to reset the valve clearances to 0,20 mm (0.008 inch) and check the clearances. The exhaust valves can be adjusted on max. 0,25 mm of 0,010 inch.
Replace the spark plugs and connections.
Check the sealing pugs cylinder head bolts and replace them if necessary.
Clean the rocker cover gasket and the aluminium surfaces of cylinder head and cover. Use a smal amount of Elring Dirko HT sealing compound to refit the cover gasket.
Important fitting information cover gasket
When the rocker cover is fitted and tighten with the 2 M7 nuts, it is necessary when the engine runs and are getting warm, to retighten the 2 nuts again.
Check the 2 nuts after 500 km again.
- Maintenance of the Dynastarter
- Check contact breaker points gap
- Check ignition timing
- Check the 4 carbon brushes and springs
- Check the automatic advance mechanism
- Check the fuel connection on the carburetter
- Ring spanner 17 mm (crankshaft)
- Ring spanner 14 mm
- Feeler 0,20 and 0,25 mm